Wartime Waikiki – Millions of servicemen danced under the starlight skies to the melodies of Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman at Officer’s Club’s or the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. Tanks patrolled the streets, and trains, buses and taxis took over 30,000 servicemen a day to the infamous red light district. Travel back in time with the songs and the stories of the Pearl Harbor days.
The Moonlight Serenade Tour takes you back in time through a colorful narration of the following points of interest:
- Kalakaua Avenue – Royal Hawaiian and the Moana Surfrider Hotels
- Monsarrat – Honolulu Zoo , Kapiolani Park, Camp McKinley, Diamond Head, and Fort Ruger
- Makapu’u Avenue – Diamond Head Theater
- Beretania Street – State Capitol, Washington Place and St. Andrews Cathedral
- Bishop Street – Army Navy YMCA and the Black Cat Cafe
- Hotel Street and its various entertainment establishments during wartime
- The ‘Ilikai and Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Fort DeRussy and Kuroda Park
- And many more!
Two Tours every Wednesday
- First Tour: 6:00 PM
- Second Tour: 7:30 PM
Tour start and end: DFS Galleria Waikiki
Tour duration: approximately 80 to 90 minutes. By reservations only.
NOTE: Please allow a minimum of five days between your purchase date and your use date. If you’re purchasing passes and plan to use them on the same day, please purchase your passes from your hotel’s concierge or activity desk, or through our ticket booth located at DFS Galleria Waikiki or Royal Hawaiian Center.
Waikiki Trolley Double-Decker Tour: Moonlight Serenade Tour ONLY
The Standalone Moonlight Serenade Tour includes a one-time admission aboard the Waikiki Trolley’s Moonlight Serenade Tour. It does not include reservations for regular Waikiki Trolley tickets.